5 Things you Should Know About Rhinoplasty
For many Asian women, having a nose job is high on their list of cosmetic priorities and when you consider the reasonable cost and the high standard of treatment available in cities like Bangkok, it is no surprise that this treatment is popular. If you are thinking of re-shaping your nose, here are a few important things you should know.
- There are two types of rhinoplasty – When looking to have a nose job, you can have either open or closed rhinoplasty. Open rhinoplasty involves making incisions in the soft and narrow strip of tissue between the nostrils, while closed rhinoplasty uses incisions inside the nostrils, which means there is no visible scarring. Sourcing a nose augmentation clinic (called คลินิกศัลยกรรมจมูก in Thai) is easy with a Google search and once you have made contact, you can book an introductory meeting with the surgeon.
- Rhinoplasty involves heavy swelling – This is perfectly natural when the tissue on and around the nose is manipulated in such a way, so you can expect anywhere between 10 days to 2 months before the swelling finally disappears. This is something the surgeon would discuss with you at length; it is crucial that the patient fully understand the recovery and, of course, the risks that come with any form of surgery. Most patients would have a few questions, and the surgeon is happy to help you gain a better understanding of the procedure and the post-op swelling, which cannot be avoided and is only temporary. Of course, you won’t look your best for a while, but that is part and parcel of rhinoplasty.
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty – In rare cases, when a patient wishes to have very minor changes to the contour of her nose, it is possible, using filler, to carry out the process without surgery. This is a very small procedure and there is virtually no downtime, and if you would like to take a look at some before and after images, Google is your best friend and when you are ready to source a clinic, search online and you will find the nearest clinic to your location.
- Understand the Risks – There are risks with any form of surgery, and for the surgeon, it is vital that their patient fully understands these risks, so do expect a rather lengthy discussion during your initial meeting. The skilled surgeon would explain in detail how he will go about the treatment and is always happy to answer any questions you might have.
- Qualified & Experienced – You cannot afford to let a person who is not qualified carry out surgery, so it should be your priority to ensure that the plastic surgeon is well-respected and established.
In conclusion, rhinoplasty is very popular with Asian women, particularly Thais, who often feel that their nose is not an attractive shape, and by consulting with a top Bangkok cosmetic surgeon, you can make an informed decision and improve your appearance. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t take steps to make yourself more attractive, and with non-invasive surgery, you can alter the shape of your nose and boost your self-confidence at the same time.